Thursday, January 8, 2009
kids say the funniest things
So last night we were watching the Barbara Walter's special about Patrick Swazey. I told Brandon that he was an actor and that I liked his movies when I was a teenager. He asked if he could watch them and I told him that he needed to be a little bit older. Well here is the kicker he says " mom are his movies in color?" I just started to laugh. He did not have a clue why I was laughing, but man I felt old. I told him yes that they were in color. Now he has never seen any black and white movies so I did not know where he got this from. He said at school they had read a book with the gold award, meaning that it was the best book in the world, and that it was all in black and white. I can't believe that he would make a connection like that. My kids are always amazing me and making me feel old. I've been feeling that way a lot lately. At church a couple weeks ago I did a flannel board story and one of the girls asked what a flannel board was. Oh well in my mind I am still young and that is all the matters.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey Rachel, it's Jamee Andelin. I found your blog through Shana Galbraiths(sp). I knew Shana through high school. Small world huh?
Hope things are going well.
Post a Comment